Parents Association – the Parents Association is the representative of the parent community in the College’s governance structure. The Parent Association will operate under the supervision of the Principal and the Board of Directors. Changes to the regulations stated herein must be approved first by a two thirds majority of the Parents Association Committee and then by both the Principal and Board of Directors.
Mission: The mission of the parent association is to support the management and staff of SCIE in their efforts to achieve the goals of the College and deliver a high quality education to students. In addition, it serves to provide a conduit for feedback of parent opinion to the Management.
Responsibilities: The purpose of the Parents Association Committee is to provide support to the College in its efforts to promote student learning and well-being. Specifically:
- i. To encourage parents to get involved in their children’s education
- ii. To foster a positive relationships between the parents, students, staff and other members of the College community
- iii. To organise opportunities for students beyond the curricular and co-curricular activities of the College e.g. work placements
- iv. To organize activities aimed at enhancing the sense of community
- v. To help students raise funds for specific projects
- vi. To decide how to allocate funds raised
- vii. To provide a conduit for parent opinions to reach the Board and management
- viii. To create links with the wider local and national community to enhance the educational programs of the College
Parents Association Committee: The Parents Association will be represented by a committee of 8 members. The Non-Academic Deputy principal will act as the College representative on the Parent’s Committee in an ex officio capacity.